Monday, June 28, 2010

Thompson Falls to Missoula


Day 8 started off as a perfect day with breakfast at Minnie's then onto our first century. We continued along the Clark Fork River for 63 miles. The scenery was magnificent with some snowcapped peaks in the distance. The area also has big horn sheep but I didn't see any. Two days ago I decided that I would ride alone or with a slower group in order to stop and look around and enjoy the Big Ride. Today I rode with Tim and Sam, two 23 years old guys. It feels somewhat similar as being with my two sons. Tim had a broken spoke so we waited for Alan the mechanic to come and fix it. The next stretch was a toughy. We now had a headwind and the road which is that chipseal stuff was very rough. Not to mention that we had a 5 miles hill to climb as the
temperature increased into the upper 80s. Anyways I finally made it to the top and was whipped. The downhill into Missoula was also challenging because the road was still bad and the traffic into town was getting heavy. Finally we made it to the University of Montana. Tomorrow is a Rest day then the 4 day stretch begins with some long days in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment