Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gettysburg, PA to Poolesville, MD

Only a couple more days and the event is over. Gettysburg to Poolesville was relatively short, only about 60 miles, but it was still hilly. By the time we arrived in Poolesville it was hot. We've been very fortunate to have only a few hot days. We camped at the high school football field and by the time I went to bed the weather cooled down so I could sleep. Being our last night together, we had a group dinner at Bassetts, the local restaurant in town. We all signed cards and pictures for Bridgett, Alan and Frank as a token of our appreciation for all the hard dedicated work they spent to make this ride as special as it was. It wouldn't have happened without them. The final game of the Euchre tournament was played with Brad and Chacko the champs.

At the town center a band was playing. I walked down to listen and it was great to see people outside enjoying themselves. Izzy was playing soccer with some little kids while others were throwing the frisbie. I headed back to camp thinking this is the last night in my tent. Tomorrow I'll be home in my own bed. I can't believe it's really ending, it seems just like yesterday that we started, yet on the other hand it seems so long ago and far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment