Sunday, July 4, 2010

Alan working ony bike



Happy 4th of July. We're in Billings, MT for a rest day and one thing I did this morning was ride down to the Yellowstone River. Talking to a local I met on the path, this river is the only major river in the US that doesn't have a damn on it. I rode around the trail that goes over to an island and there I saw the white pelicans. I never knew pelicans live in this area but it's the second time I've seen them.

After that I returned to the dorm, had Alan put a new chain on my bike and we got the bike all cleaned up. I didn't realize how much there is to make a bike work properly. Good thing Alan is here to keep us all pedalling.

Being Sunday and July 4th, things are pretty quiet in town. One of the biggest challenges is to find an open restaurant that we can get to for dinner. I don't even think there's fireworks tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jan-
    What an awesome experience! I just sat down and read your whole blog after Loeretta showed me the picture of you holding your bike up on the Contitnental Divide. Your descriptions are great, I almost feel like I am there, too! Keep pedaling!! Ann

    ReplyDelete