Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 33 Madison, WI to Belvidere, IL

Another rainy morning and we had 94 miles to go. Fortunately it was a
warm rain so riding wasn't too bad. Last night there were some bad
storms in the area and several trees were down on the side of the
roads. The rain did stop and the sun came out which made the day hot
and steamy. Add a SW headwind and it was a tiring day. We crossed
into Illinois today, another state done. A 2008 big rider hosted a
rest stop which included watermelon and DQ Blizzards ice cream treats.
It all tasted so good.

I'm in my tent typing this and it's trying to rain. I have wet clothes
hanging inside and I don't think they'll dry tonight. It's 8:15 pm
and I need to pack it in as I'll be up a 4:30am tomorrow for a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment